Saturday, February 07, 2009

Awake to Your Life

The new book I am reading by Ken MacLeod has very clear directions as to how to practice meditation and mindfulness on a daily basis. I am learning a great deal from him about seeing the reactive state early on so that old triggers do not become the cause for new wounds.

I am playing French language instructions and through repetition improving my level of retention and I am working on technique in my art.

Going to the gym three times a week, is also helping me to become more focussed and not so reactive. When I feel sluggish and stumpish, I tend to feel like I have only two choices. I can react and "defend" myself or I can be come mute and take what is happening stoically.

Improving, bit by bit those things I consider important in my life is giving me a greater sense that I belong, in my body, in my community.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home